Thanks to Chef Tim Love for this recipe, these are great, especially living in Cabo, where good dill pickles are very hard to find.
Grilled P ICKLES
4 whole firm Kirby cucumbers
2 tablespoons pickling spice
1 sheet cheese cloth
2 cups distilled white vinegar
1 serrano chili, sliced
Salt and pepper
1. H eat a charcoal grill to 450 degrees.
2. C ut cucumbers into spears leaving seed and skin intact.
3. Prepare a bouquet with the cheese cloth and pickling
spice: Place pickling spices on the sheet of cheesecloth
and tie to seal.
4. Place bouquet in a large bowl and add vinegar.
5. O il cucumbers with peanut oil and season with salt and
pepper. Place on hot grill for 45 seconds a side.
6. Place cucumbers in bowl with vinegar and cover with
plastic wrap for 1 hour. Remove and seal in Mason jars
or serve immediately.
by TIM LOVE
you can see more of his recipes at www.cheftimlove.com